Have you or a family member been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes?
You are not alone. Ask your doctor for a referral to our diabetes-self management education program and get the help that you deserve.
Together we will focus on the 7 key areas of Diabetes Self-Care:
· Heath Eating
· Being Active
· Taking Medication
· Problem Solving
· Reducing Risks
· Healthy Coping
What are the benefits of DSME?
Research has shown that people who receive Diabetes Self- Management Education are more likely to:
· Use primary care and preventive services (i.e. screening tests and shots)
· Take medications as prescribed by their physician
· Control their blood glucose, blood pressure and blood lipids
· Improved A1c (a measure of blood glucose control of the previous 3 months). A1c may be reduced, “by as much as 1 % in people with type 2 diabetes”
· Have reduced health care costs
· Attributed to reduced hospital admissions and readmissions as well as delayed onset of chronic complications
· Have an improved sense of well-being and better quality of life
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist today!